This week AutoCAD the AutoCAD Plant Design Suite was released. Needless to say, I have started learning AutoCAD Plant 3D lately. One of the first portions of the new features I have been reviewing is the Report Creator.
Here are some of my favorite features:
- Export to file types – Exports to a host of file formats including Excel, pdf, and html
- Configurable Report Editor – allows you to customize the look of the report one (1) time.
- Calculated fields – Includes an expression editor (similar to Access) which allows you to create new fields or formatted fields based on current selections.
- Easy – The Report Creator is one of the easiest applications I have used. You can use styles to control how controls are formatted which takes a tremendous amount of work out of creating/formatting reports.
- You can change the query used to populate the report and filter out values
- You can change the layout
- Change the scope (Project/drawing/object)
- The report creator has a great way to define the file name using parameters
We will get into more details later, but I wanted to let you know a little bit about the report creator features in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012.