The first extension for Plant 3D 2014 is now available. This extension includes several new features to the Plant 3D program.
Obtaining the Extension
To get the extension, you will need to be up to date on your subscription. Then, sign into subscription center (http://subscription.autodesk.com ) with your Autodesk single sign on id.
Click the Downloads Link:
Click Product Enhancements:
and you should see Plant 3D 2014 Extension 1.
The readme is available here: http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2014/ENU/readme.html
Here’s the description from the Autodesk site:
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D 2014 Extension 1 is an extension to the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 product that adds the following functionality:
- Bill of Material on orthographic drawings (plans and sections)
- Weight and Center of Gravity calculations
- Project level control over Isometric Advanced options
In addition, there have been numerous improvements to isometric generation:
- Better annotation and dimension layout
- New Fitting to Fitting theme to help reduce unnecessary dimensions
- Gap lines when crossing to improve readability.
- Weight on Isometric BOM
- Insulation graphics on isometrics improvements
- Support for flanged pipe and lined pipe
- Cut lengths for stub ins corrected
- Numerous minor bug fixes
We will have more information available as we dig into this extension.