- PT15439-Plant 3d Expert Q & A
This past November, I had the opportunity to partner with Jason Drew answering questions at AU 2016. I wanted to take a minute to write up some of the class notes. The class is posted at AU Online here: http://au.autodesk.com/au-online/classes-on-demand/class-catalog/2016/autocad-plant-3d/pt15439#chapter=0 where you can see the video and download the handouts and ppt.
First we recapped some of the big learning topics from 2016 which included:
Then we covered isolating issues and parts of the program.
Last of all, my favorite, the questions!
Next year, I need to do a better job of who asks the question for follow up, but here are the questions as captured in the class:
- How do I get the total bolt quantity instead of the number of bolt sets in Orthos?
- How do I show insulation in my orthographic drawings?
- How do you transition from SQLite to SQL Server/Vault?
- How do I get iso dimension continuations to go to center of elbows and fittings and not the end?
- How can I get my line group data into my P&ID (or Plant 3d)?
- My BOM Annotations are moving in Orthos after saving and closing. (We think it may be from using multiple layouts).
- Spool splitting isn’t correct when import CADMep PCFs.
That’s what we covered in class. We’ll be taking a look at these and posting follow up articles as we are able.
Here’s the list of solutions we were able to find: